|IBIA invites members to stand for election|
|Members invited to put forward candidates to stand for election to the board in 2012.
|Updated on 09 Sep 2011 13:11 GMT
|The International Bunker Industry Association (IBIA) has announced that it is inviting its members to put forward candidates willing to stand for election to the board in 2012.
At the next Annual General Meeting (AGM), due to be held on Monday, 20th February 2012, there will be three members of the board of directors whose term of office will have expired and who will therefore be due to stand down from 1st April 2012.
Candidates for election to the board must:
* Consent to stand for election.
* Be paid up members of the association or a paid up corporate member's nominated representative.
* Be proposed and seconded by paid up members of the association or two paid up corporate members' nominated representatives.
* Ensure that a nomination form is duly and properly completed and returned to the secretariat before the closing date for nominations.
* Complete and return the nomination form, which can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:
IBIA Board Nomination Form
A file outlining the roles and responsibilities of board members can be viewed by visiting the following weblink below.
Roles and Responsibilities of IBIA Board Members
Commenting on the 2012 board nominations, IBIA said: "These elections are an opportunity for new with new ideas to join the board and be involved in running the association. A steady turnover of board members over a period of years is good for the association's health.
"Candidates must be committed to making a significant contribution to the running of the association and must recognise that being a board member is much more than a mere titular position. In particular, candidates should appreciate that board members are responsible for determining the association's policies and that their formal position will be that of a company director of IBIA in accordance with English law," IBIA added.
All nomination forms must be delivered to the secretariat at the address below by 21st October 2011.
5-7 Cumberland Place
Hampshire SO15 2BH