BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry



« News Home
:: Monthly Archive

News Topics
:: Air Pollution
:: Agreements & M&A's
:: Alternative Fuels
:: BunkerBlog
:: Cargoes & Storage
:: Company News
:: Efficiency, Costs & Charges
:: Environment
:: Events
:: Financial
:: Fuel Quality & Testing
:: Lubes & Additives
:: Oil Spills
:: People
:: Port News
:: Projects
:: Regulation, Legal
:: Services, Products,Technology
:: Statistics & Research
:: Vessels

Regional Archive
:: Americas
:: Asia/Oceania
:: Europe
:: M.East/Africa


BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry
Home » News



World's biggest newbuild LNG bunker supply vessel 'making significant progress'

Nauticor-chartered delivery vessel nears completion.



Image credit: Nauticor


Updated on 10 Oct 2018 08:23 GMT

Nauticor reports that construction of its new LNG bunker supply vessel, the Kairos, is "making significant progress".

Scaffolding is said to have been removed with various tests currently being conducted.

The new 7,500-cubic-metre (cbm) Kairos is set to be world's largest newbuild LNG bunker supply vessel when it is launched - bigger, for example, than Gas4Sea's 5,000-cbm-capacity Engie Zeebrugge and the Shell-owned, 6,500-cbm Cardissa.

Its keel was laid down on February 26 at Hyundai Mipo Dockyard (HMD) in Ulsan, South Korea, and it is scheduled to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2018.

The Kairos was developed by shipowner Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) in conjunction with Babcock International. BSM agreed in October 2016 to charter the vessel out to a joint venture in which Nauticor (under its previous company name Bomin Linde LNG) had a 90 percent share in the business and Klaipedos Nafta owned the remaining 10 percent.

The Kairos is to be used to supply ships and small-scale LNG terminals along the Baltic Sea coast. For Klaipedos Nafta, operator of the Klaipeda Oil Terminal in Klaipeda, Lithuania, the vessel will be used to transport LNG to its onshore LNG reloading station.

Amongst the key features of the new vessel will be frequency-driven pumps with high flow rates to allow for the fast transfer of LNG to vessels with short layovers, and offshore bunkering will be possible using DP2 technology.

The Kairos will also be the first of its kind to utilise Babcock's FGSV0 technology for the delivery of LNG into the receiving vessel.

Earlier this year, Nauticor conducted Germany's largest ever LNG bunkering operation at Elbehafen in Brunsbuttel with the delivery of 85 tonnes to DEME Group's hopper dredger, Scheldt River.

And the Hamburg-based supplier extended its network in North Europe during the month of February with the launch of LNG deliveries at Europe's biggest port, Rotterdam.






Related Links:

Nauticor performs maiden Rotterdam LNG bunker delivery
Nauticor performs Germany's biggest ever LNG bunker delivery
Shell's Cardissa performs Rotterdam's first ship-to-ship LNG bunker delivery
Case study on world's first purpose-built LNG bunkering vessel published
First LNG bunkering of Fure Vinga in Europe
Germany

Latest News:

Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
ScanOcean selected as eastern Sweden reseller for Neste's 0.1%S fuels
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
Global central bank meetings and announcements
Risk minimisation in uncertain times | Geos Group
Bunker Energy takes over Maxcom Bunker's commercial activities
World Fuel Services to launch Pacific Northwest supply operation
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
Brent remains in the $60s this morning
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
$60s are hard to hold
Silverstream hails air lubrication uptake ahead of 2020




Page Links:

Prices
Africa
Asia
Latin America
Middle East
North America
North Europe
South Europe
Index Summary
Price Highlights
Commentaries
Futures
Prices
Antwerp
Busan
Fujairah
Houston
Istanbul
Kaohsiung
Las Palmas
Maracaibo
New Orleans
Piraeus
Rio de Janeiro
Rotterdam
Santos
Singapore
News
Latest News
Blogs
Archive
Americas
Asia
Europe
Middle East
News
Air Pollution
Agreements & M&A's
Alternative Fuels
Cargoes & Storage
Efficiency, Costs & Charges
Environment
Events
Financial
Fuel Quality
Lubes & Additives
Oil Spills
People
Port News
Projects
Regulation/Legal
Services, Products, Technology
Statistics & Research
Vessels
Contact & Terms
Contact Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Events
Upcoming Events