|Praxis Energy Agents Pte Ltd is looking to employ a bunker trader at its office in Singapore.
- As a Bunker Trader, main responsibility is business development, maintain and develop solid relationships with clients and key business contacts to effectively deliver excellent trading services to meet customer requirements.
- Collect industry data used in our industry reports and market insight also utilize research material and web based tools for effective marketing efforts alongside our team.
- Provides market information, product, and pricing information by identifying customer needs, selecting appropriate information.
- Follow internal strategies on building our customer base and spearhead persistent marketing efforts.
- Manage customer portfolio with direct responsibility for negotiating and executing sales transactions from start to finish-- from quoting, negotiating, confirming, delivery, and post-delivery service and support.
- Proactively control credit risk ensuring that late payments are chased; costs of claims are minimised; and counterparty financial strength is regularly and carefully considered in conjunction with the Credit Team.
- Willing to travel to meet with business contacts, attend conferences and other industry related events, as required.
- Provide counterparties and colleagues with the highest standards of professional services at all times
- Minimum Degree/Diploma in any discipline.
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience within the maritime/marine, shipping, supply chain/logistics or oil/bunker industry (preferred). Candidates with other industry experience are also welcome to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional language skills is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong organization skills. Must be able to multitask.
- Highest level of analytical skills and very good with numbers.
- Willing to work long, flexible hours, and deal with different time zones. Comfortable with 24/7 service.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.). IT Proficient.
- An excellent communicator and negotiator, Independent but also a good team player
- A quick decision maker with a high level of energy and drive and sees cold canvassing as a motivational part of your job
Why Join Us?
Praxis Energy Agents Pte Ltd is a company that encourages individuals to achieve their potential. As our employee, you have the opportunity to work in your area of expertise.
We foster a unique working environment, one that balances professionalism with a social life.
Praxis Energy Agents is an international bunker trading house originally established in Greece in 1993, currently operating through its four offices in Singapore, Dubai, Hamburg and Houston. During its 21 year presence in the bunker industry, Praxis prides to be recognized as one of the most reliable and professional trading companies in the sector, providing major shippers with heavy fuels, distillates and lubricants on a worldwide scale, maintaining always high delivery standards and providing competitive solutions for vessels' refueling needs.