|UK bunker firm Geos seeks operations coordinators|
|Company aims to employ two candidates. Application deadline is April 12.
|Geos says it is looking to employ two 'organised and enthusiastic' people to work as operations coordinators. Image credit: Pixabay CC0 Public Domain|
|Updated on 22 Mar 2018 13:14 GMT
Operations Coordinators Needed
An excellent opportunity has arisen for two organised and enthusiastic individuals to join our small friendly company. The Geos Group is an independent marine fuel supplier based in Henley-on-Thames. We manage in excess of 450,000 tonnes of fuel deliveries per year. Working closely with a number of strategic delivery partners, our main activity is the transportation and supply of marine fuel to ships, from several terminals around the UK coastline.
Reporting to the Trading & Hedging Manager, the Operations Coordinators will provide support to the Trading Team in arranging and coordinating deliveries of marine fuel to ships around the UK. They will be involved in a variety of activities including the sales, transportation and hedging of refined oil products. Experience in logistics or the energy sector is preferred but not essential.
Skills and Experience
- Proven administrative experience
- Strong communication and numerical skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A highly organised professional approach, with a keen eye for detail
- A proactive, motivated, hardworking, flexible and efficient approach
- A positive attitude to teamwork and to developing within the role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales administration for both physical and traded sales
- Daily pricing communications
- Logistics reporting
- Sub-contractor engagement and management
- Assisting the Trading Team with business development
- Contracts reporting
- Shipping administration
- Order entry
- Process development and improvement
This is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge of and experience in the world of fuel trading, shipping and risk management. Full training will be provided. As the successful candidates develop in skills and experience, there is the capacity for the role to grow significantly within the business.
This position is full-time, with a salary range between GBP 18,000 and GBP 21,000. The deadline for applications is Thursday 12 April.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV for the attention of Danka at d.matysiak[at]geosgroup.com