BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry



« News Home
:: Monthly Archive

News Topics
:: Air Pollution
:: Agreements & M&A's
:: Alternative Fuels
:: BunkerBlog
:: Cargoes & Storage
:: Company News
:: Efficiency, Costs & Charges
:: Environment
:: Events
:: Financial
:: Fuel Quality & Testing
:: Lubes & Additives
:: Oil Spills
:: People
:: Port News
:: Projects
:: Regulation, Legal
:: Services, Products,Technology
:: Statistics & Research
:: Vessels

Regional Archive
:: Americas
:: Asia/Oceania
:: Europe
:: M.East/Africa


BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry
Home » News



Odfjell enters into tank terminal partnership

Private equity firm to acquire a minority stake in Odfjell's storage terminals in Rotterdam and Houston.



Image credit:


Updated on 19 Aug 2011 15:58 GMT

Odfjell has announced that it has signed definitive agreements for a strategic partnership with Lindsay Goldberg LLC, a US-based private equity firm, for the company to acquire a minority stake in Odfjell's terminals in the Netherlands and the United States.

Through the transaction, Lindsay Goldberg will acquire a 49 percent interest in each of Odfjell's tank terminals in Rotterdam [pictured] and Houston as well as in the greenfield project in Charleston, South Carolina. Odfjell will retain the remaining 51 percent ownership stake. The current management teams at the respective terminals will remain in place and will be responsible for the day-to-day business, Odfjell said.

Commenting on the news, Odfjell stated: "The partnership enhances our platform for organic and strategic investments and expansions in the tank terminal business in Europe and North America. We believe there are attractive expansion opportunities in the tank terminal sector and consider Lindsay Goldberg as a reliable long-term partner with a shared strategic view and ambition."

“We are pleased to announce that we are now formally partners with Lindsay Goldberg. We look forward to working with them to pursue growth within the tank terminal market and to create value for our shareholders” said Jan A. Hammer, President and CEO of Odfjell.

Odfjell will receive a total cash consideration of USD 247 million in connection with the transaction, and the parties will invest a total of EUR 25 million of new equity to facilitate planned upgrades and capacity expansion of the Rotterdam terminal.

The transaction is subject to clearance from Norwegian Competition authorities and is expected to close by the end of September.

The total transaction includes storage capacity of refined oil products and chemicals in the amount of approximately 2 million cubic metres and a total of 465 employees.

DnB NOR Markets has acted as financial advisor to Odfjell in connection with the agreed deal.

Image: Odfjell's storage terminal in Rotterdam






Related Links:

Odfjell in terminal ownership deal
Odfjell eyes Rotterdam terminal expansion
Odfjell reduces fuel consumption
Odfjell profits hit by bunker costs
Rotterdam
Houston
Charleston
Netherlands
United States

Latest News:

Holland America to outfit 11 ships for shore power following three-vessel project
IMO approves Initial Strategy follow-up programme
Renewable methanol offers long-term CO2 reduction solution: MethaShip
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
Oil slips on likely rise in Saudi output and weekly oil stocks
Verifavia signs up Wallem and Seaborn
ExxonMobil launches cylinder oil for IMO 2020 fuels
The lowdown on bunker spill paperwork required in Singapore
MEPC 73: HFO ban events scheduled
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
Brent climbs above $80 as supply concerns take centre stage
MEPC 73: IMO must renew commitment to Arctic HFO ban | CAA




Page Links:

Prices
Africa
Asia
Latin America
Middle East
North America
North Europe
South Europe
Index Summary
Price Highlights
Commentaries
Futures
Prices
Antwerp
Busan
Fujairah
Houston
Istanbul
Kaohsiung
Las Palmas
Maracaibo
New Orleans
Piraeus
Rio de Janeiro
Rotterdam
Santos
Singapore
News
Latest News
Blogs
Archive
Americas
Asia
Europe
Middle East
News
Air Pollution
Agreements & M&A's
Alternative Fuels
Cargoes & Storage
Efficiency, Costs & Charges
Environment
Events
Financial
Fuel Quality
Lubes & Additives
Oil Spills
People
Port News
Projects
Regulation/Legal
Services, Products, Technology
Statistics & Research
Vessels
Contact & Terms
Contact Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Events
Upcoming Events