ICE announces new OTC fuel oil contracts
10 Sep 2009 07:26 GMT
|Futures exchange to launch new fuel oil swaps contracts in September.|
| IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), a leading operator of global regulated futures exchanges, clearing houses and over-the-counter (OTC) markets, has announced the introduction of a number of new OTC cleared energy contracts for the fuel oil markets.|
ICE plans to make these OTC swaps available for clearing beginning Monday, September 28, 2009.
The new OTC contracts available for clearing on September 28 are:
- Platts 3% Fuel Oil USGC vs. 3.5% Fuel Oil FOB Rotterdam Barges Swap (GOE)
- Platts 3% Fuel Oil USGC Swap (RBO)
- Platts 3.5% Fuel Oil Barges FOB Rotterdam Balmo Swap (BAS)
- Platts 1% Fuel Oil Cargoes FOB NWE Balmo Swap (CAS)
- Platts 180 CST Singapore Fuel Oil vs. 3.5% Fuel Oil Barges Rotterdam Balmo Swap (SFT)
- Platts 180 CST Singapore Fuel Oil vs. 380 CST Singapore Fuel Oil Balmo Swap (STT)
With the products announced today, ICE now offers 240 cleared OTC energy contracts, including nearly 150 new OTC contracts since the launch of ICE Clear Europe(R) in November 2008.