BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry



« News Home
:: Monthly Archive

News Topics
:: Air Pollution
:: Agreements & M&A's
:: Alternative Fuels
:: BunkerBlog
:: Cargoes & Storage
:: Company News
:: Efficiency, Costs & Charges
:: Environment
:: Events
:: Financial
:: Fuel Quality & Testing
:: Lubes & Additives
:: Oil Spills
:: People
:: Port News
:: Projects
:: Regulation, Legal
:: Services, Products,Technology
:: Statistics & Research
:: Vessels

Regional Archive
:: Americas
:: Asia/Oceania
:: Europe
:: M.East/Africa


BUNKER INDEX :: Price Index, News and Directory Information for the Marine Fuel Industry
Home » News



Nauticor's LNG bunker vessel enters final phase before delivery

Supply vessel is scheduled to be delivered in Q4 2018.



Image credit: Nauticor


Updated on 20 Jun 2018 08:47 GMT

Nauticor reports that its new LNG bunker supply vessel, Kairos, has entered the final phase prior to its delivery to Europe.

The vessel's keel was laid down on February 26 at Hyundai Mipo Dockyard (HMD) in Ulsan, South Korea, and it is scheduled to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2018.

The new 7,500-cubic-metre (cbm) gas supply vessel was developed by shipowner Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) in conjunction with Babcock International.

BSM agreed in October 2016 to charter the vessel out to a joint venture in which Bomin Linde LNG (Nauticor's previous company name) had a 90 percent share in the business and Klaipedos Nafta owned the remaining 10 percent.

The Kairos is to be used to supply ships and small-scale LNG terminals along the Baltic Sea coast. For Klaipedos Nafta, operator of the Klaipeda Oil Terminal in Klaipeda, Lithuania, the vessel will be used to transport LNG to its onshore LNG reloading station.

Amongst the key features of the new vessel will be azimuth thrusters and pump jets to ensure high manoeuvrability. Frequency-driven pumps with high flow rates will allow for the fast transfer of LNG to vessels with short layovers, and offshore bunkering will be possible using DP2 technology.

The Kairos will also be the first of its kind to utilise Babcock's FGSV0 technology for the delivery of LNG into the receiving vessel.

Earlier this year, Nauticor conducted Germany's largest ever LNG bunkering operation at Elbehafen in Brunsbuttel with the delivery of 85 tonnes to DEME Group's hopper dredger, Scheldt River.

And the Hamburg-based supplier extended its network in North Europe during the month of February with the launch of LNG deliveries at Europe's biggest port, Rotterdam.






Related Links:

Nauticor performs maiden Rotterdam LNG bunker delivery
Nauticor performs Germany's biggest ever LNG bunker delivery
Total and MOL sign charter contract for 'pioneer' LNG bunker supply vessel
Bomin Linde to rebrand as Nauticor
Germany

Latest News:

EGCSA 10th anniversary workshop to be held in London
EGCSA member survey reveals scrubber system increase
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
Many unresolved issues left for last PPR meeting before 2020: IBIA
Volatility and supply
IBIA calls for bunker sample verification guidelines before 2020
GP Global inks accord to produce and market Cepsa marine lubes in India
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update
North P&I launches guide on avoiding and defending bunker disputes
Build in stockpiles and record high U.S. oil production
IMO working group develops plan to help ships prepare for 2020
Oil and fuel oil hedging market update




Page Links:

Prices
Africa
Asia
Latin America
Middle East
North America
North Europe
South Europe
Index Summary
Price Highlights
Commentaries
Futures
Prices
Antwerp
Busan
Cape Town
Fujairah
Houston
Istanbul
Kaohsiung
Las Palmas
Maracaibo
New Orleans
Piraeus
Rio de Janeiro
Rotterdam
Santos
Singapore
News
Latest News
Blogs
Archive
Americas
Asia
Europe
Middle East
News
Air Pollution
Agreements & M&A's
Alternative Fuels
Cargoes & Storage
Efficiency, Costs & Charges
Environment
Events
Financial
Fuel Quality
Lubes & Additives
Oil Spills
People
Port News
Projects
Regulation/Legal
Services, Products, Technology
Statistics & Research
Vessels
Contact & Terms
Contact Us
Advertise
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Events
Upcoming Events