Bunker issues discussed at Limassol conference
11 Apr 2017 10:34 GMT
|The 6th Bunkernet Bunker Conference was attended by more than 100 industry professionals.|
| On 6th April, Cyprus-based bunker firm Bunkernet Ltd held the 6th Bunkernet Bunker Conference in Limassol, where leading personalities and decision makers of the shipping industry met to discuss key bunker-related issues.|
Commenting on the conference, the event's host said: "Bunkernet's success over the last ten years was mainly based on increased knowledge and cooperation. In this spirit, the aim of the conference, apart from information dissemination, was to create networking opportunities among the participants and initiate discussions on how the industry could see the new challenges as an opportunity for growth and development."
More than 100 regional and international oil, energy and shipping professionals attended the conference, which was followed by the opening ceremony of the 8th East Med Marine and Oil & Gas Exhibition.
Topics discussed at the event included: 2020 challenges and developments, new IMO regulations, LNG bunkering and developments at the Suez SC Zone.
A list of the speakers at the 6th Bunkernet Bunker Conference has been provided below.
- Admiral Darwish, Vice Minister, General Authority for Suez Canal Economic Zone
- David Squirrel, ExxonMobil
- George Polychroniou, Executive Director at DEPA S.A. & Project Manager for Poseidon Med II
- Michael Virardi, Inspiration Coach and Author
- Nicholas Argyrou, General Manager, Bunkernet Ltd
- Nicolas Martinez, Algeciras Port Authority
- Robin Meech, Director, Marine and Energy Consulting Limited
In February, Bunkernet announced the launch of a new corporate rebranding and a newly designed website, coinciding with its 10-year anniversary.
According to Bunkernet, its annual turnover is more than $320 million. In its 2016 annual report, the company said it was selling more than 70,000 metric tonnes per month (or 840,000 tonnes per year).